Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just because I can...

I'm going to post again on here. I'm sitting here at the house, my boy-toy is at work and I am so sick of watching TV that I could puke on it. I'd read but I'm pretty sure I've read every book on our bookshelf- short of the cook books and college text books of course. Unless I decide to re-read Harry Potter for 100th time. Yes, I'm a huge HP fan and I've read those books more times than I can remember. I don't care what anyone says, those books are awesome and people are crazy not to want to read them because those books will someday be "classics". Just so you know. :-)

Annnywhoo, I found some of my poetry that I wrote in high school.. It was terrible and I mean terrible. How I ever passed Advanced Poetry is beyond me. But I decided anyway, since I was bored, to type a bunch of them into my computer with the hopes that someday I'll get around to editing them. Most likely they'll just sit around in that folder and I'll forget all about them... sigh.

I've been wanting to start back up with my writing again for a long time. I've started stuff but I think it's all terrible. I have this editor inside me that's always yelling about how bad of a writer I am. I've lost my voice. It's sad.
I also tend to have this little problem with paying attention to something for an extended amount of time. Of for more than one day for that matter. I'm good for maybe one hour a month when it comes to sitting at a desk with a notebook and a pen. It's also hard to write in this house, especially when Bellatrix*, our adorable cat, is meowing around the table in front of me and coming to rest right on top of my lap top. She's a pain, but a cute one. (* Yes, Bellatrix from Harry Potter. I told you.)

Maybe this new blogging thing will help me to get back in touch with my creative self. At least I hope so. Perhaps it's because I've done nothing with my unwanted time off from work, but I've felt like I've just turned into this lump. I watch tv all day. I think the most creative thing I was doing was watching HGTV and thinking about all the things I would love to do to this house when we have the money to do them. But now things are going to change.. This job is going to be my saving grace. I seriously can't wait to start workingbackslashwriting again. I miss both of them. A lot. You'd think that it'd have been nice to have all this time off. Yeah, the first month was fine, but we're going on month 5 people! I was starting to go crazy...

Right so, someday I'd love to write a series of young adult or children books. Why? Well because I'm always drawn to that section of the bookstore. Those authors can write down anything on a page and kids are going to eat it up. Come on. It's awesome. I could write a series with a talking pig as the main character and if I did right, it'd be great. Next time you're in a book store go into the kids section, take a look around. It's great. No work, no taxes, no daily commute, just lots of magic, other cultures, other times, and other worlds.


Eh, I guess everyone's gotta start somewhere. Gotta find that one thing or person that really inspires you. That one word that jump starts your pen or cursor in the right direction. Gets you motivated to sit down and stare at a blank sheet of paper, or blank screen and until you turn it into something awesome. For now though, I'll just keep rambling at the screen until something good comes of it all.


Later Alligator.


No comments:

Post a Comment